Once your team has a full roster and appointed a team manager contact the resource manager at Rafters’ Landing to schedule the desired number of practices leading up to the festival. All practices are coordinated out of Rafters’ Landing.
Attention all Team Managers! Dragon Boat team jerseys are available to you this season through Dianne Filewich at Elite. The EDBFA has negotiated an excellent price for your paddlers. For more information, click here.
What to wear?
- Plastic water bottle with waist attachment
- Waterproof sunscreen, lip balm and insect repellant
- Sunglasses with headband attachment
- Hat or bandana
- Nutritious Snack and drink for after practice
- Change of clothes and footwear
- Personal PFD’s are acceptable as long as they are certified.
All equipment required for a pleasant Dragon Boat paddling experience are provided by the EDBFA.
If you must bring a cell phone or pager bring a Ziploc bag or leave with the Resource Manager at the site.
Please leave all valuable jewelry at home and keys and some personal belongings can be left with the Resource Manager at the site.
What to bring to practice?
EDBFA Dragon boat merchandise will be available online.
- Shorts or Capris – loose fitting (no denim or jeans), bike shorts
- Wick dry clothing
- Supportive footwear with grips (running shoes or water shoes) No flip flops as these are dangerous.
- Hat – that will be securely fastened to your head, these sometimes impede paddling
- Sunglasses (attached to your head – they do not float)
- Paddling gloves if preferred
- Light rain gear (breathable) and must fit under lifejacket
If it is cold please layer clothing accordingly